about ticketing & REFUNDS AT our retreats
No physical tickets are sent out; please bring photo ID
Tickets for The Summer House and Winter House weekends are virtual. The ticket is for you only. Your name will be on a guest list. Please bring photo ID for check in. If you have changed your name / presentation / identity recently please let us know in advance so we can prepare our door team (they will be discreet!) We do not permit guests to pass their tickets on to other people - we want to know that the person who ordered is the person who is attending.
All guests must be accompanied by a PAL
Guests at The Summer House and Winter House must arrive and leave with at least one friend who vouches for them, which is called a "PAL". A PAL can be anyone you know well and trust. The idea of a PAL is that you have a built-in support network throughout the event, but also someone to whom you are accountable. So if there's any sign of you straying away from our agreements, we will talk to both you and your PAL. There can be up to three PALs in a group. PALs can be friends and even relatives. They do not have to be partners or lovers. Guests who arrive without a PAL, or who cannot find a PAL one week before the event, will have their tickets cancelled without refund.
About refunds, exchanges and transfers for the Winter House and Summer House Weekend 2017:
- Up to six months before the event start date: Full refund (may take up to 28 days to process), or an exchange to the same event next year. No transferring to other people.
- Up to three months before the event start date: 75% refund (may take up to 28 days to process), or an exchange to the same event next year. No transferring to other people.
- Up to one month before the event start date: 50% refund (may take up to 28 days to process), or an exchange to the same event next year. No transferring to other people.
- Less than one month before the event start date: no refunds, exchanges or transfers permitted.
The above applies on tickets and rooms but not on items provided by external suppliers such as food, glamping or massages, which may not be exchanged/transferred/refunds.
In common with many events of this sort, our standard tickets are sold in tiers of increasing price levels. The reasons for tiered tickets are as follows:
- It incentivises guests to book in advance, which is good for cashflow, paying deposits etc
- Tiered tickets reward those who are most ready to commit to the event early
- People who decide to commit later help subsidise everyone else
- The tiers allow those guests who have more money and wish to contribute more to do so
We will alert guests via our Facebook and Twitter accounts (and if possible on our mailing list) as each tier is close to expiring. But as the expiry points of the tiers are based on budget and sales (rather than specific dates) we encourage you to book as soon as possible.
For those guests who might not otherwise be able to attend - due to financial hardship, disability, chronic health conditions, significant life changes, caring or parenting and so on, we have a limited number of low income tickets for both the Summer House and Winter House weekend. If this sounds like you please visit our Access tickets page for more info and to apply.
There are no volunteer places available for The Winter House Weekend.
We have two main types of volunteer places for The Summer House Weekend:
SETUP / TAKEDOWN VOLUNTEERS work for three days in advance of the event and one day afterwards (ie Mon or Tues through to Thursday for setup and then Monday for takedown.) In exchange we give you free food during your work time and free entry to the event. You don't need to work Friday, Saturday or Sunday. We are currently seeking people who have already volunteered at previous Summer House events for this role.
DURING WEEKEND VOLUNTEERS are asked to work for a minimum of 16 hours across the weekend - usually four hours across each of Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. You get a voucher for a food truck meal at the time of your shift. If you'd like to take one of these roles we ask that you buy a volunteer ticket. This lets us know that you are serious and committed; after you have fulfilled all your shifts we refund you the full amount. We hope this will help address previous issues with no-shows.
Please apply to be a volunteer if you are committed and capable.